Making your own ice cream is an amazing idea. Making CBD ice-cream is an even better idea. Ice-cream always puts a smile on your face. Well, perhaps you are a little like me and can’t wait for the ice-cream to set and end up making a slushy summer afternoon treat.
No matter the outcome Ice + Cream + CBD makes everything better, irrespective of the weather or the mood you may be in.
Apparently you and I aren’t the only one’s to feel this way about ice-cream, well food in general. Despite the EMA and FDA’s disapproval, a recent National Restaurant Association survey found that three in four chefs named CBD – and cannabis-infused food the hot trend in 2019 and 2020.
So, to celebrate Ben and Jerry’s 1-year attempt at launching their CBD ice-cream we thought we’d give you a few ideas that will help you curb your sweet tooth.
Anxiety Kicking CBD Milkshake
This takes about 5 minutes to mess your kitchen up and make and another 5 cleaning up after yourself, so let’s say that within 10 minutes you are sitting out in the sun with a great milkshake and a clean kitchen.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. CBD oil
- 1/2 tsp. honey (I like to use Manuka honey)
- Sea salt
- Strawberries & Whipped cream or Caramel (optional)
- In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, CBD oil, and honey. Process until smooth or desired creamy texture.
- Pour into serving 2 glasses, sprinkle with sea salt, and top with strawberries, whipped cream and caramel (optional).
No-Churn CBD Ice-Cream Recipe
So it’s 2am, you can’t sleep and where better than to find yourself than in the kitchen munching on some relaxing ice-cream.
Like the above recipie, in no more than 10 minutes you should be in and out of your kitchen. I’m afraid that your ice-cream will need a little more time before it’ll make it out of the freezer, 4 hours chill time should do it.
- ½ a 397g can sweetened condensed milk
- 600ml pot double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. CBD oil or isolate
- In a large bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks occur, be careful not to over whip. The cream will be done when you pull the beaters out and the cream stands at attention.
- In another large bowl, whisk the vanilla extract and CBD into the sweetened condensed milk.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream with a spatula, slowly incorporating the two mixtures together so it stays light and aerated.
- Once mixed together your mixture should look thick and quite stiff, a bit like clotted cream.
- If adding any extra ingredients, fold in your desired mix-ins directly into the cream mixture.
- Scrape into a freezer container or a large loaf tin, cover with cling film and freeze 4-6 hours or until solid.
CBD Infused Ice-cream Combos
If you are feeling a little adventurous and fancy adding some extra ingredients to your ice-cream recipe, here are some ideas:
- Matcha: Just add Japanese Green matcha to the mix to get a boost of antioxidants.
- Peppered Strawberry: Frozen strawberries, black pepper, white chocolate chips
- Key Lime Pie: Chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces, lime juice, lime zest
- Minty Chocolate Chip: Fresh minced mint leaves, peppermint extract (optional), green food colouring (optional), mini chocolate chips
- Banoffee pie: Diced banana, caramel drizzle, biscuit pieces
Editor’s note: The information provided here is not meant to substitute advice from healthcare practitioners and we do not condone illegal activities.
Please check your local laws on the legality of CBD. Under European Union law, food that has not been consumed to a significant degree by humans in the EU before 15 May 1997, when the first Regulation on novel foods came into force, is considered as “Novel Food” and controlled in a stricter manner than regular foods under Regulation (EU) 2015/2283 (“the Novel Food Regulation”). As a result of this change, the European Commission now regards all extracts of hemp and derived products containing cannabinoids (including CBD) as novel.